About Global Plaza
Global Plaza delivers a virtual event service for the Internet, which will enable you to perform videoconferencing, streaming, recording and electronic publishing of your meetings, lectures, training sessions, conferences, congresses or workshops.
Global Plaza's social network will disseminate the announcements of your events to others, as well as let you discover events performed by others to participate or follow them.Typical use cases of Global Plaza are:
- Broadcasting over the Internet via streaming events or lectures taking place in a classroom, meeting room, auditorium or from your desktop.
- Recording and publishing events or lectures taking place in a classroom, meeting room, auditorium or from your desktop.
- Bringing in remote speakers over the Internet into your events, from desktops or rooms.
- Enabling remote participation from auditoriums or rooms into a given congress or event.
- Performing fully distributed events with remote auditoriums and desktops interconnected.
The following recordings of events give you an idea of what you can obtain from Global Plaza:
- Workshop explaining GlobalPlaza
- Global Infoday for America, 5th EGEE User's Forum.
- Asamblea Morfeo
- Joint Global and 6Choice, Open e-IRG Workshop, W3C Multilingual Workshop.
Global Plaza is structured as a socio-collaborative site which supports social networking together with collaborative support to projects and group activities. Anybody can register for free in Global Plaza to form part of its social network and use its services and resources, such as recordings, event descriptions, etc. All resources have a permanent link, which can be used and embedded on other web pages.
After registering you will be able to create public or private spaces for collaborating with restricted groups of persons, which will be administered by you and by the persons you appoint as administrators. Once you are a regular member or administrator of a space, you will be able to create, announce, perform, record and publish your events in Global Plaza. Virtual events can be automatically recorded and published by Global Plaza for private or public access, as well as to embed in blogs, Web pages, etc.
You can participate in a Global Plaza virtual event from your Web browser directly, just by accessing the event page. Your browser must have Flash installed. You can also participate with an Isabel native client which provides a better audiovisual quality and is recommended for speakers or to connect rooms and auditoriums. A SIP gateway is also provided to allow participation from a videoconferencing equipment.
Group activities hosted in Global Plaza can be public or private. Public spaces host activities which can be seen and followed by anybody, whereas private spaces support projects and activities where a group can share information and meet in private to collaborate.
Global Plaza has been developed by the European Global project by reusing results and developments from other projects which have transformed the Isabel application into a cloud-computing service, such as ITECBAN, Ecospace, Collaboration@Rural, CEPOS, etc.
To create or edit spaces, you must be signed in to your Global Plaza account. If you do not have an account, create one now